TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Discouraged
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wings313

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  18:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm usually over on the TMSWiki site, but I guess I just recently realized this was a different forum. I deal with urination issues, and started searching for posts on that, interstitial cystitis, etc. Anyway, I actually left more discouraged because it seems like the people who were dealing with IC didn't get better and then just disappeared off the forum. Anyone know what happened? Is it that they got better and never came back? It makes me feel doubt about the TMS theory if they couldn't get better. I know, that just fuels my symptoms.

Edited by - Wings313 on 04/20/2014 17:43:41

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  07:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wings, funny bumping into you here. To coin a phrase, search is your friend. I put "interstitial cystitis" into the "SEARCH" feature here (one of the tabs above to the right, between "MEMBERS" and "FAQ" and four pages of threads popped up on your topic. You can also try searching for "urinary" and I'm sure you'll find a steady stream of info on that topic also, some by me too.

G'luck!
tt/lsmft

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

Wings313

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  13:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - yes, I did do those searches and came across lots of posts but noticed that there were hardly any that said they had gotten better from the symptoms...

Edited by - Wings313 on 04/20/2014 17:43:52
Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  16:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps try search under: pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic pain syndrome or even just pelvic floor.

Also under: prostatitis...which might well be a form of this diagnosed (more accurately: misdiagnosed) in the male. Symptoms very similar to IC and probably of similar etiology.

Edited by - eliuri on 04/11/2014 16:07:37
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  20:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you seen the 4 success stories at the wiki under ic?
Go to Top of Page

Wings313

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  20:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks yes I could search those other terms. And yes Tennis Tom I have seen those success stories, which are great. I guess I was just particularly concerned about a couple people on here were really struggling with bladder stuff and just seemed to drop off.

Edited by - Wings313 on 04/20/2014 17:44:02
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  08:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wings313

...I have seen those success stories, which are great. I guess I was just particularly concerned about a couple people on here were really struggling with bladder stuff and just seemed to drop off.Jennifer Shanburn

The TMS gremlin often plays a trick on us making us think that the TMS literature and lore does not focus on our own symptom enough. If the Good Doctor had written a whole book on our personal symptom distraction, we would probably throw the book across the room and dismiss it as quackery.

Perhaps the people who "dropped off" were cured and went on with their lives not needing to return. I've seen this a lot here where people get it and move on to happier pursuits.

Message boards aren't scientific, they're more like hot-tubs where the conversation ebbs and flows with the bubbles and the heat. They fill a social need for TRACORDIFICATION as SteveO calls it. The info is only as accurate as the individual giving it. You need to read through the scuttlebutt and then decide what resonates as the truth for you.

Edited by - tennis tom on 04/12/2014 18:20:26
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  16:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect my issues would have been called ic or prostatitis, look up my story for the last year, I am 99 percent better.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2014 :  18:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had prostatitis in the past -- I know it is horrible. One billion percent tms.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000