TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Could this be?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  14:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For two weeks now I have been experiencing low back pain and off and on weak legs and nausea. I was doing some exercise, mainly walking in place stretching type things a day or so before the pain came on. Sometimes if I walk it gets better and sometimes if I do things it gets worse. I don't know what to do with it. I was having neck pain pretty bad too but it has improved since yesterday.

Prior to this I had been having anxiety symptoms for a month or so. Shaking, heart pounding on occasion, generally tired and full of anxiety.

Wondering if this could be tms back symptoms.

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  09:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The symptoms you describe sound very typical of TMS. When the pain comes and goes and moves around, it is a tell tale sign.

Have you read Healing Back Pain or The Mindbody Connection?
Go to Top of Page

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  19:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I read The mindbody connection but it has been a long while. I'm not sure if I have it somewhere, I have since moved twice. I have a long history with neck pain and that was what led me to Sarno.

I am having horrendous low back pain right now. So bad when the pain sets in it send me into shaking mode. I babied it for a few days and today I just said screw it and went out of town and went shopping. Did have a bad time of it part way through but got through it. Now trying to relax after my shower it is flaring up and burning and my upper back is hurting too. Woohoo what fun.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  13:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you "babied it" you gave it the attention it craves, and that just perpetuates it.

Instead, accept the symptom as a benign signal that something is going on in your life that is affecting you on an emotional level deeper than you realize. Try to figure out what it might be, while ignoring the symptoms as best as you can and going about your normal phsyical activities.
Go to Top of Page

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  14:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a pretty good idea what it is. I just don't know how to to fix it. I am noticing a few things that seem to set it off.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  11:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Time2reclaim
I just don't know how to to fix it.

The first step to "fix it" is to stop trying to fix it.
Go to Top of Page

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  16:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid if I can't change the reasons behind it my mind/body will keep acting out.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  17:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have a pretty good idea what it is.

What is IT?
Go to Top of Page

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2014 :  09:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the basic level I feel out of control or having no control.

Last evening some issues came up and today I feel weak, pain and shaky arms and legs again. I did have some improvement for parts of the last couple days.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2014 :  11:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm afraid if I can't change the reasons behind it my mind/body will keep acting out.

Unless there are specific circumstances that you are aware of, that you know are causing deep-seeded emotional issues that must be resolved in order for you to be more "in control" then it is unlikely you can ever know the "reasons behind it."

The fear and anxiety are symptoms themselves and should be treated in the same manner.
Go to Top of Page

Time2reclaim

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  11:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes there are specific circumstances. I can't change things so I don't know how to break the cycle. Knowing doesn't seem enough when I am still so angry because the circumstances don't change. I try not to think about things even on a conscious level, who knows what goes on in my subconscious mind.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  11:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might try reading Nicole Sach's TMS book "TRUTH". She is a TMS therapist, and a hand-picked discussion group leader by Dr. Sarno's for his group meetings at NYU Rusk. It's a short book where she discuses JournalSpeak. She's in Delaware I believe. You could probably do phone or Skype sessions with her if your TMS issues don't resolve--she doesn't ***** foot around, she gets right to the business of IT!

G'luck!

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000