TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Forget Sarno, smoke a joint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  10:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.hightimes.com/read/medical-marijuana-more-effective-big-pharma-fibromyalgia

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  14:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Consider the source, High Times magazine a publication that's probably funded by the drug cartels and if it isn't should be to spread this poison that's destroying America's culture and youth and is the entry drug to everything stronger. You could drink a quart of cheap gin and get the same results, people are alcoholics to relieve their inner pain. I bet Shawn doesn't even smoke, usually herb's biggest advocates are those who've never used it but want to appear kool. The doc quoted in the article is probably a disciple of another infamous drug doc, Timothy Leary, who preached the cure for everything was LSD. Just because a doc teaches at Harvard or McGill doesn't mean they know anything. After all, that's why we're here, because docs don't want to know that 80% of what ails man is Psychosomatic/TMS--but the money's good!

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  08:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

...this poison that's destroying America's culture and youth and is the entry drug to everything stronger...

Of course this is subject to contentious debate. The same could be said for alcohol and cigarettes which IMO are far more dangerous to one's health when abused.

Unfortunately, the Schedule I designation has prevented many decades of medical research that could have proved or disproved the benefits of the drug for medical use. We are wired with a cannabinoid receptor system yet little research has been done on how it might be targeted to develop treatments for various diseases.
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  15:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seems to be a growing idea across the globe that addiction and dependence are the same thing, and the false conclusions of this idea is leading to more and more stringent controls on drugs that really help people, such as benzos, opioids and even anti-depressant drugs. This idea has partial origination in the fact that people with addiction problems find a street market for these drugs. But when laws are enacted, they are often not read first, as we now know, and those who can use these drugs to make a difference in their lives are lumped in with the dealer on the corner.

Weed is in a different category, but I can tell you that it did help with my muscle pain and stiffness. The irony was, I could find MJ endlessly when I was young, but not as an adult when I could have used it for something besides recreation.

Will a bottle of gin do the same? I can say that I never tried an entire bottle of gin but I did try booze, and, no, it did not do the same as weed. In fact, it made things worse.

I know it's a populist thing to jump on to the back of Big Pharma and do a beat down on it, but you've got to be careful what you wish for.

The endless quacks out there that will promise a "natural" cure by chewing on a Jimsin weed or something are just as bad as an all to willing pill pusher.

Some people do need medication to calm down and focus the mind on a cure. The day is coming when that option might be gone, squashed by zealots who think in black and white.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"

Edited by - Back2-It on 07/28/2014 16:00:02
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  11:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to think that hitting the hooka was the way to roll, my wife still thinks so, and now shes a a drug addict, going back and forth from oxy to weed... its a lot of fun

"Never work so hard to make a living, that you forget to make a life"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000