TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Low Body Temperature, a TMS equivalent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2014 :  17:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ADDITION: It's happened before where I came here, posted and many people read and didn't say a word to me. This forum used to rock (sorry I am a musician). I am not going off topic..i am talking about mind/body connection things so not sure why no one bothers to reply, but I will say, it doesn't feel very good. So, i will just delete soon because no one wants to share and be ignored.

Was wondering if TMS can affect one's body temperature. Mine is 96.7 which is quite low. I normally run at around 98.1, lowered than the normal 98.6, but 96.7 is kind of scary. I am under tremendous stress having moved 8 times in the past 3 years since the tragic death of my closest loved one. I am in a temporary place and must move again in under 3 weeks. I also started with a new wonderful band, but finances are a big issue as well..There is something called Wilson Temperature Syndrome and extreme stress can bring this on according to what I read. That sounds like mind/body to me as well. I haven't had my thyroid checked recently but last time i did it was normal. I checked my temp because I was getting chills and wondered if I had a fever. I got over a bad case of a brochial infection not too long ago which seemed to have been brought on by breathing in second hand smoke at a singing engagement. My respiratory doctor said it was also asthma. Never have been diagnosed w/ full blown asthma b4 so that was scary. I did develop hyperactive airway syndrome after losing both my parents 23 yrs ago. That would come on about once or twice a year and was all made worse if my weight was up from normal. Anyway..this is probably too much information and I don't want to freak myself out or start looking all over the internet! I did sweep a lot of fur/dust today with a mask on, but had to do my inhaler Dulera for the first time in weeks. The body temp issues occured over the past couple hours. When it said something about emotional stress I thought...hmmmm..could this be a TMS equivalent..Anyone have any thoughts or experience with low body temp and TMS?

Edited by - Singer_Artist on 08/12/2014 06:28:35

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  08:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen.

Seems you are being a bit sensitive. The fact is, you posted a very obscure symptom that is highly unlikely to be experienced by anyone here. Perhaps nobody has responded because nobody here has any idea, including myself, and not because you are "being ignored."

Personally, I believe TMS has the capacity to inflict a wide variety of symptoms by affecting various body systems. It seems within the realm of possibility that TMS could target the Integumentary System as well, which is responsible for regulating body temperature. Assuming you have had a full workup by a medical doctor and they found no reason for concern, it seems reasonable to treat this symptom as a TMS equivalent.

That said, I think it is more important to realize that this symptom has grabbed your attention and has you obsessing about it. If it is a TMS equivalent, it is serving its intended purpose.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  08:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  19:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave! Nice to hear from you..:) Yes, I am overly sensitive..a TMS trait and a trait of being an artist too..(double whammy for me)..You make some very valid points as always..Honestly, this isn't the first time i posted and the energy didn't get going..I heard that it's been more quiet around here, in general. I miss the days where we all supported one another..guess I was reacting to that as well!

Tom, thanks...that says it all! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000