TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Choose yr TMS battles wisely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  09:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Straw man argument TT. It is not what I meant about Ace's views. Ace does not believe in the subconscious and does not believe in the protection mechanism that are central to Sarno's thesis.

That is not very Sarno-ish and I am surprised it does not make your blood boil. This is as far as Sarno as you can possibly get. You have advised people to leave the forum for much smaller transgressions.

Regarding the distraction of reading book after book, it is not my idea. It is what Monte Hueftle says in every one of his newsletters. Dave mentions it too. Your friend SteveO says exactly the same in his book (that I read, and that you have apparently not finished). Hillbilly said it too. They all say the same: Learn and then put away that material.

There is no proof that reading one more book or watching one more video is going to sink in your subconscious at the cellular level.

You always keep going back to reading, going to see a doctor, doing doing doing. There is absolutely no place for working on your emotions in what you are recommending.
You demonstrated magistrally in a previous post that you are out of touch with your own emotions.

Edited by - alix on 09/16/2014 09:11:21
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  09:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alix

...Straw man argument TT.

..You have advised people to leave the forum for much smaller transgressions.

...(that I read, and that you have apparently not finished).

...They all say the same: Learn and then put away that material.

...You always keep going back to reading, going to see a doctor, doing doing doing. There is absolutely no place for working on your emotions in what you are recommending.

...You demonstrated magistrally in a previous post that you are out of touch with your own emotions.

Wow! You are very hung up on me, I'm flattered, but trust me I'm not worth it. Sorry, I didn't go to Harvard, what's a "straw man argument"

Putting away the materials is fine...if, you learned it, but if it's TMS, and you still have it, and want to get rid of it, keep reading, see a TMS doc, and see a TMS shrink. OR, give Alix a call and he will be happy to talk-therapy you through it--wouldn't you Alix? You don't have to give out your phone number as I have done here, you can do it through private messaging.

I've NEVER advised people to leave the forum, show me the quote, that's absurd, who would I have fun with. I think you may be delusional or staying up to late keyboarding at internet message boards--SHOW ME THE QUOTE!!!

BTW, I did finish SteveO's great TMS tome "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION", I'm slow but I'm thorough. And, I'm proud to call him a friend, along with others in the TMS world, they don't seem to have a problem with me as you do.

Magisterailly--there you go using those big words again, that apparently neither one of us can spell right--I didn't go to Oxford either--let me close this epistle by saying to you Alix, don't take life so seriously, I don't and don't you believe everything I say--I don't it could make you crazy. It's only a cathode ray tube, it's not real life.

Good Morning!
tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't take life so seriously?

You are the one screaming at everybody that confronts you. Are you that insecure?

So you then disagree with Monte, Dave, SteveO that there is a time for gathering information and that you should then just stop at some point because it can play into the TMS distraction strategy.

I would like to debate ideas with you. Honestly. This is what interests me. I do not care very much that you give your time to others so generously. But you keep bringing the discussion back to yourself.

ps: magistrally and magisterially are both correct. But yes, I am more comfortable in German or French.

Edited by - alix on 09/16/2014 10:26:56
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alix

You are the one screaming at everybody that confronts you. Are you that insecure?

Me "screaminng at everyone"--YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!! Me thinks thou hath lost all objectivity due to your obvious enmity towards me. If carefully back-track the chronology of this thread, we will see that it was the OP who escalated the vitriol and lowered the bar of the dialogue, with her bomblets of "IGNORANT", "ARROGRANT" and "DRIVEL". I think you must agree that rejoinders like that are intemperate verbiage and NOT conducive to a friendly or scientific discourse. I will give you a pass on that since maybe you are sleep deprived from the stress/tension of all this. But, I really can't take you seriously accusing me of starting the vocabularic downward spiral. You have lost your objectivity--unless you are Mr. Mala--WOW! then I can see where you may be coming from--marriage makes strange bed-fellows.

Regarding, "It being all about me!", what's wrong with that? I advise you to READ my friend's SteveO and Nicole Saks's great TMS books and you will learn that they advocate that TMS healing firstly needs to be "all about me/or you" to overcome the TMS GOODIST personality. You have to live your life doing GOOD because YOU want to, not due to cultural/societal memes pressuring you to. Like it says in the Good Book: "IF I AM NOT FOR ME, WHO WILL BE?" You can't make others happy until you can make yourself happy.

I suggest you read their great TMS tomes, or re-read them, because you missed that key fundamental to healing. Our TMS gremlins play an interesting mind**** causing us to sub-c'ly gloss over and miss the TMS info we need the most in an attempt to further protect us. TMS/psychosomtic dis-ease acts in strange and mysterious ways, it's best not to look at it from an engineer's perspective--maybe more from a comedian's point of view.

Oy vey! mon petit chou, all this psycho-babbling is giving me a stress fracture of the brain. I need a shot of Amer Picon to balance out my caffeine and Pillsbury Pastry Strudel--don't you think that blond little Swiss boy in the commercials is darling, my gf thinks so.

A, in what general proximity are you located? Unless you traveled a long way, I'd be guessing Hollyweird, since you saw Schechter and beloved now departed Don Dubin.

A bientot,
tt/lsmft

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/16/2014 12:00:23
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  13:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Tom, you think by screaming at me it is liberating. But the fact is that you are repressing your emotions like crazy. Your reservoir of rage is growing by the minute. You don't even realize it.

See, it is interesting. I reread what we both posted. We both have our defense mechanisms. You get (very) angry and I have a tendency to become snobbish under pressure. Pretty revealing for both of us in fact.

It is way less psycho-babbl-ish then "re-reading Nicole's book to let the TMS concept sink in the subconscious at the cellular level".
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  13:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
End of conversation, I declare you the WEINER! Have a DoppleSpaten on yu. I've gotten all I want to out of this keyboarding exercise on you--thanks A! Whatever you say Dr. Freudkinstein.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford:

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  14:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! Next you will describe me as some guy in lederhose yodeling on the mountain popping some Ricola?
We discussed our connection before. L'Shana Tova Tom.
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  07:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mala, I'm so glad your treatment went well. I have an in-law who waited to long to have fibroids removed and lost both her uterus and one ovary (due to a surgical complication). Her personality is the exact opposite of a normal TMSer...stuff just happens. Thank you for sharing your story...It is valuable if it will warns even one person into taking action.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000