TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Standing up for yrself & for others.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I see. You knew all along that "think psychological" meant to reconnect with your emotions and discharge your emotional energy. Wow! Silly me. It took me 10 years to find out exactly what it meant.
You offer this "how-to" gem to your adoring fans:

quote:
Think PSYCHOLOGICAL when you feel the pain. When you lower the TMS tension level in your reservoir of rage, lessening your stress level, one morning you will wake up and it will be gone--on to the next problem--or have a bottle of wine and celebrate.

It is crystal clear and I should have understood.

But you are still doing a masterful job at stuffing those emotions before they get to your consciousness by adopting that new mockingly detached tone. But in this case, those are not my concepts. You are mocking Abigail Steidley and Monte Hueftle.
Do you think their theories are ridiculous?

Hey, TT. I have another question. I don't understand your logic really but I hope you can enlighten me:

You had hip pain so you went to see Dr.Eisendorf and he said maybe TMS maybe not.
So you went to see Dr.Schechter and he said it is not TMS

At this point why did you need TMS psychotherapy if it is not TMS?
But you went to see Don Dubin, TMS psychotherapist anyway.
You still have hip pain after your sessions with Don.

So why do you think Don Dubin's visit was a success?

Is success defined by acceptance of pain?

Edited by - alix on 09/21/2014 00:13:08
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  08:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D,
To say that my commentary is like a scene from dumb and dumber, I think, would be interpreted as an attack. You also said we don't need your commentary. We don't like the sh-t that your saying. Imagine saying this kind of stuff to someone you don't know that well. I don't think anyone would take that as you just saying facts to help.

All one can say is how my post made a person feel, you cannot say that it was what you interpreted it to be bc your interpretation really is wrong. Tennis Tom correctly interpreted my intension. Once again I don't know why a few people completely gloss over that I said her medical treatment was good. If you look at my post to Jeff I said for him to be completely checked out first before just treating it as tms. I still maintain that the basic cause of his retinal detachment is tms.

I believe cancer with a bowel obstruction's basic cause to be tms, but if a person like this does not get medical treatment, their bowel will rupture and they will die. So sometimes we absolutely need medical help so we can temporize our selfs until we can work on ourselves for the true healing. I've said this countless times before. If one does not see these things as part of the tms spectrum they will never be able to fully get themselves right. Like I said before this is very hard and I think many will fail, but isn't it worth a shot?

I will end this with a very real story about my uncle to show my concept. He was in the midst of a divorce, his wife was a very difficult, selfish women and made his life very bad. He left his house to live with my parents and there my father received a certified letter that his wife was going to sue him for more money despite that fact that he had given her everything. My father gave this letter to my uncle who was looking wonderful. He left for 5mins to do something, but came back and found him lying on the ground unresponsive. He had a major heart attack. He couldn't stand it that his wife would do something like that to him, which led to a severe strain that lead to a massive heart attack. Do some on this board really think that I advocate not doing anything in this situation and "thinking psychological"? Come on guys, I have never advocated that. Can I say his basic cause was tms? Of course I can. After his medical treatment should he not try to work on himself? Of course he should. Well, he wound up brain dead from the lack of blood supply to the brain and soon died.

Edited by - Ace1 on 09/21/2014 08:29:58
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  09:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace1's answer is an excellent one! Please, please, please, to those who for what-ever personal sub-c reason don't like what the TMS professionals, writers, and experts say here--STOP MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THEM AND NAME CALLING!!! Prominent TMS authors have been driven off from here and can be found at the other TMS site where they are welcomed and appreciated. SteveO and Nicole Saks contribute there and have weekly live-call in sessions. A small but vocal chorus here drove them off depriving the rest of us from the honor of their presence and valuable TMS knowledge. And now Ace1 is the new target, doctors are busy they don't need this ****. He's helped countless here as can be proven by his thread.

I know there are many, most, who lurk and never say anything. It's time to be heard on this one. I don't care if you attack me, I'm used to it, I'm semi-retired and have plenty of time on my hands--and it helps me draft my book--we all have a TMS book. Come out of the wood-work before we lose another invaluable TMS expert asset and this site becomes the Anti-TMS Forum!

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/21/2014 09:30:35
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  11:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennis Tom, I am surprised of your endorsement of Ace1 as a TMS expert. A few months ago you had this to say:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8030&whichpage=2

quote:

I find your tone to me very patronizing. I've given much of my time to this forum to help people understand the Good Doctor's theory and refer members to TMS practitioners. Because YOU say my hip is TMS, without ever having examined me, therefore I'm not "cured" and not worthy of being listened to.

You exhibit a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of TMS: It is NOT something you are "cured" of--it is the "HUMAN CONDITION". It is a defense mechanism--a PROTECTOR--when life gets to be too much. Maybe you have ascended with Jesus and Buddha, and can say with absolute certainty that no viscissitudes will ever befall you and that you will not need the GIFT of TMS, but I don't possess that hubris.

You've been dismissive of me from the start and your "Dears" and "best wishes" don't impress me. Would you like to REALLY do something to help me??? I'll give you the names of my two Sarno trained TMS doctors who looked at my images and said "TOM, it's NOT TMS, it's arthritis, get a THR." I prefer your DX for my hip. Would you please consult with these two doctors, tell them they are wrong and remove this gigantic NOCEBO? I'll be happy to give you the names of the two TMS docs and their contacts and my phone number, if you want to consult with them and get to the bottom of my butt. And I'm more then happy to discuss TMS or anything else under the sun with folks here by phone or in person, as I have for many years, PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  12:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know Alix. We all are human. We all get caught up. We were both caught up at that time. The secret to life and health is forgiveness. I forgive and forget anything that was said about me before. I am also sorry if I myself did get caught up and responded in a way that may have been hurtful.

Edited by - Ace1 on 09/21/2014 12:17:38
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  12:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace1, I am not talking about your dispute. I am referring to your disagreement on the nature of TMS. You views of TMS are all encompassing. That post from Tennis Tom shows that you two disagree on pretty basic TMS fundamentals.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  12:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alix views change with time. I myself must be able to change my views with evidence or I will never be able to know the truth. At one point I didn't even believe the basic concept of tms. I had to change them in order to heal and to make sense of what I was seeing in my practice. My views may once again change in some way. This in part is why I need to collect more information before I publish anything about the subject. So TT, may have changed is mind or evolved his views or he may just agree on the belief that all disease has its basic causation in tms. He cites dr sarno who has a somewhat different view in how to treat the tms but dr sarno also believes that all disease causation is similar to that of the tms model.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  15:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
I still maintain that the basic cause of his retinal detachment is tms.

quote:
I believe cancer with a bowel obstruction's basic cause to be tms

Ace, can you please clarify for me. You're saying that bowel cancer is caused by TMS....and no other reason? Then you think all cancer is TMS?

Have you any evidence of this? What studies can you reference that backup this claim?

D

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  19:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Ax, although we are not communicating, I am appointing you my un-official biographer and fact checker here at the Forum. I'm rootin' for Ace1 to be right on my hip. I have not yet succumbed to the daily berage of well-wishers who have difficulty with me not having a perfect stride (more likely they have difficulty being beaten on the courts by someone hobbling on one leg). If it's not TMS I would benefit in the speed department from a THR. If I hang out long enough, arhtroscopic methods will advance enough that it won't be necessary to amputate my trochanter and acetabulum, and rehab for six months to a year. There's all kinds of crazy new things being played discussed and toyed with in the engineering area of surgery, like stem cells and artificial cartilage. Joint replacement surgery has only been around for about fifty years--the human body has been around and developing for between 5,774 and five billion years, depending who you believe God or Darwin

Sometimes my conscious makes posts here, and sometimes my sub-c makes posts here--I have little if any control over which one writes my "drivel". You're an engineer, you must be exacting or the plane or the computer crashes. I'm not held to such high standards, I'm only a tennis player. If I miss a shot I get another chance at it or am a finalist rather then the winner--either way I get a trophy and a t-shirt.

I'm flattered you are going through my 4,000+ posts and I may hire you as my ghost writer, but first my agent has to sell the book and get me an advance.

Looks like my sub-c took some minor offence to the tone of one of Ace1's posts. The sub-c has no past, present or future, you never know when it will pull it's shenanigans.

I (in the conscious) agree with Ace1's broader view of the breath and gammut of dis-ease that can have it's gestation in TMS/psychosomatic origin--a karmic/existential view.

For what may be the second time, at least I'm declaring YOU the winner of this thread, for what it's worth. You are the guru, you are the Alpha male, you are the A. It's OK, my goldfish still loves me, I will survive this big loss and hopefully come out stronger and slimmer and handsomer and grow more hair and a foot taller, I've admonished my sub-c to work on it. I'm giving full refunds to all those whose money I took here and gave faulty advice to. You are the razor back, shoulder that responsibility wisely, there will be many who will try to take all the females at your beck and call away from you.

I came to Ace1's defense because I felt those who attacked him were WRONG and used abusive language. He's a TMS physician and they are few and far between. I'm sure Ace1 does humanity good everyday, I don't know what the knit-pickers do for the planet?

People have way too much time on their hands.

It's nap-time now, spell-chek later.

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/22/2014 10:20:10
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  09:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennis Tom, what is the difference between Mala responding to Ace1 and you responding to Ace1?

In your exchange with Ace1 I posted above, he diagnosed your hip pain as TMS. You then were outraged and became abusive to him.

What you did to Ace1 is exactly what you are accusing Mala of doing.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  10:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I'm a hypocrite--get over it--I've earned my right to be one.
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay.

quote:
I (in the conscious) agree with Ace1's broader view of the breath and gammut of dis-ease that can have it's gestation in TMS/psychosomatic origin--a karmic/existential view.

So Tennis Tom, if your belief system is all encompassing now and in tune with Ace1, then do you believe now that your hip pain is TMS?

If yes, why do you think you are unable to address the pain?
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  10:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although you forget we are not communicating, the answer is: yes and no.

Why do you make the assumption that I don't address the pain? I think that's one of those strawman or red herring arguments that have become popular since the sixties.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  16:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D,

It's very hard to answer your question sufficiently on this forum without me writing for hours. If you get the audible version of "when the body says no" by Gabor Mate, you will have my answer. His book is backed up by a lot of studies and compelling case histories. Actually I emplore anyone who doesn't understand why I think cancer's origin is similar to that of TMS to get the book if interested. I touch on the subject on some of my previous posts on why I think so. A big one is that a lot of cancer patients (like 80% in my estimation) first start out with simple TMS symptoms for years (like chronic back pain) before getting their cancer diagnosis. There is much more than this but the book will explain it well.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  07:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darko

Ace, can you please clarify for me. You're saying that bowel cancer is caused by TMS....and no other reason? Then you think all cancer is TMS?

Have you any evidence of this? What studies can you reference that backup this claim?

For more on this fascinating topic explore the works of Dr. Bernie Siegel a world renowned mindbody medicine expert, author and lecturer on cancer and it's psychosomatic origins and and one's role in dealing with it.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  09:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1
...I think cancer's origin is similar to that of TMS...

It seems logical to assume that TMS could play a role in certain types of cancer, as the immune system is a clear target of the process. Two public examples are Andrew Madoff and Joe Paterno. It seems reasonable to believe that the stress and internal conflict these men experienced could have played a role in their cancer.

That said, I certainly do not believe all cancer has its origin in TMS. For example, I cannot imagine TMS plays a role when young children develop lymphoma.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  14:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Ace1
...I think cancer's origin is similar to that of TMS...

It seems logical to assume that TMS could play a role in certain types of cancer, as the immune system is a clear target of the process. Two public examples are Andrew Madoff and Joe Paterno. It seems reasonable to believe that the stress and internal conflict these men experienced could have played a role in their cancer.

That said, I certainly do not believe all cancer has its origin in TMS. For example, I cannot imagine TMS plays a role when young children develop lymphoma.

My lovely niece passed away a couple years ago at 6 years old from brain cancer. Her parents have it very rough before they have her. Her mom was under lots of stress and anger while carrying her. I wonder if those stress' negative effects passed onto her and caused her cancer? Personally I think it did. I saw that her health went up and down corresponding to how happy or stressful her life is.

A college drop out like me can't prove that tms is the root cause of cancers, heart disease, diabetes... and many more. But that is my belief. I came to that conclusion through my own observations. I saw that Happy and contented people just don't seem to get cancer and heart disease, regardless if they smoke or eat unhealthy food. ( http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9012&SearchTerms=roseto )
or people who got cancer and heal themselves with the love and happiness like http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/magazine/the-island-where-people-forget-to-die.html?_r=2&

I found story of "spontaneous healing" every where I went. And I was thousand of "spontaneous ill - ing" every where I went too. To me, our mind play a big big part in our well being. It can heal and it can kill. The good thing is we have total control over it if we want to.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  15:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Balto, I witnessed it with my mother's kidney cancer. It wasn't the cancer that killed her, it was a broken heart, complications from the surgery, that was supposed to be "the only course of action that was supposed to save her and return her to a natural life". 12 hours on the operating table, 150 pints of blood later and 9 months in ICU, it didn't happen. In retrospect I would have bet on her strong will instead of the surgeons.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  20:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm firmly with Dave on this. I'm a big believer of how important emotions are on health, but without trying to be rude, it does all sound like an extreme view of TMS. We've gone from pain and a few nervous disorders to now all encompassing belief.

Epigenetics is now fact, and has been shown that what a woman experiences in her diet shows up in grandchildren. So cancers and whatever other diseases some people are having could be the result of what happened to their grand parents.

Not one person on the planet knows exactly what is going on and what ratio of disease is caused by emotional, dietary or toxic catalysts.....and there are far too many unfortunately

I just don't understand how anyone could not have a more objective view if they are well versed in health, as most of us are.......given all the evidence.

Not being around much, when I do pop in and read some of the posts as an outsider, it really does sound unhealthy.

D

Edited by - Darko on 09/23/2014 20:54:32
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  23:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Not one person on the planet knows exactly what is going on and what ratio of disease is caused by emotional, dietary or toxic catalysts.....and there are far too many unfortunately

Thoughts may affect the expression of our genes - not only our own thoughts but maybe even the thoughts of others (Nocebos/placebos) around you but then so may many other things like addiction, smoking, obesity, diet, the environment, stress, beliefs etc.

I agree with Darko & Dave that there isn't enough eveidence yet to say that is everthing is TMS.

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000