TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Another question to ACE. Lymph nodes removal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  14:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Correct me if i'm wrong Ace. If this is true: http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20110208/lymph-node-removal-not-needed-for-breast-cancer-patients, then the "spread" of cancer is not because of the lymph nodes, right? What happens when you remove the tumor, if you don't remove the lymph nodes? Does the lymph nodes unswell.

Thanks,

Filipe

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  16:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it's true you dont need to remove the lymph nodes if positive bc the patient will get radiation anywYs to treat the area. This is fairly new information and not everyone is fully following this
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2015 :  08:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace again.

Surgurey is coming next month and I have so much doubts. Me and my wife showed this study to her Dr, but she is adamant. She said she is going to remove whatever lynph nodes she finds necessary removing. Does this study means that lynph nodes should not be removed at all, that is in fact counterproductive removing them? Or does it mean you should not remove all of them, only some.

I'm affraid she has problems with her arm in the future, any kind of disability, after all once the nodals are removed you can not do anything, other than cry and ask why on earth you let them do it to you .

Thanks
Filipe
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2015 :  13:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they still should check something called a senitinal lymph node by injecting dye in the breast and removing the lymph nodes that the dye went to. If 1-3 are positive for cancer, then she does not need any more lymph nodes removed if she will get radiation anyways. If more than 3 are positive or if they look enlarged or you can feel them prior to chemo or surgery, then all the lymph nodes need removal.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2015 :  13:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get it... So what does the sudy shows really? My wife has several swelled nodes... chemo didn't affect them... They did not shrink... what does it means? Isn't this normal... if the cancer is still there, so I guess nodes should be enlarged because they are doing their job... can you please explain me? I'm getting nuts...

What about long term real complication when lymph nodes are removed... What do you think? I've heard that you loose the hability to move your arm normal... and it swells constantly...

Edited by - filipe on 10/17/2015 13:59:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000