TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Cancer and TMS? Taboo?!?!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  07:43:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I was wondering why relating TMS to caner is such a taboo, even in this fórum...

One might say, cancer kills, chronic pain doesn't?

Well, chronic pain doesn't kill you? I owe my life to John Sarno. I thought about suicide several times, there were time that I thought death was my only option, because of such pain I was expiriencing. My whole body burns for years. I thought about going to the USA, capital of modern medicine to perform a Ketamin Coma (a pseudo-state of the art procedure to end chronic pain) proccedure to end this pain. And all went away with knowledge, and Reading testimonials of people who cured them selves the same way I did.

People should adress cancer and TMS freely.

Thanks,

Edited by - filipe on 10/21/2015 07:45:48

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  10:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filipe

Hi,

I was wondering why relating TMS to caner is such a taboo, even in this fórum...

Because it scares the crap out of them, they'd rather have something less potentially fatal like fibro.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  04:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's right Tom. Fear is the key, and also courage to adress your problem, the right way.
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  19:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS is essentially a distraction theory. Cancer progresses too slowly for it to have evolved in this way. This isn't to say it couldn't have emotional aspects (probably does), but it wouldn't be TMS.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  02:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexis

TMS is essentially a distraction theory. Cancer progresses too slowly for it to have evolved in this way. This isn't to say it couldn't have emotional aspects (probably does), but it wouldn't be TMS.

Cancer progresses to slowly??!?!? Don't Think so... My wife's breast lump in less than a year got from zero to Huge. But it got smaller, than big again, during summer. Why?!?! Because it is indeed a distraction. In summer she was distracted, and relaxed. CANCER IS TMS, That is, the mind creates cancer, as a means of storring negative emotions. It is a eaction to stress. The size of my wife' breast lump is stress dependant. She knows it, but when you are affraid of it, you get more stress... She have chosen conventional medicine, because she is running away from cancer, insetad of facinf it. And if you sdon't face your fears, you will never overcome TMS. Right?

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAF23j8OU3M

Edited by - filipe on 10/23/2015 02:56:51
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  05:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DON'T YOU THINK THESE PEOPLE ARE BEING CHEATED?!?!?

http://www.omegapainclinic.com/ketamine-infusion-therapy-for-crps-utah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_vstm0bS8

What makes you think, that, in cancer, things are diferent?

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  08:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From page two, of the Good Doctor's last book's introduction, "THE DIVIDED MIND":

"They can range from mildly bothersome back pain all the way to cancer..."

There are eight other citations for "cancer" in the index of the book for those who care to read further.

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/23/2015 08:37:17
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  12:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom :)
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2015 :  20:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
filipe,

I agree that stress likely has an influence on cancer (though studies are conflicting on how much). But stress is not equivent to TMS, only a part of the theory. There are thousands of studies on stress and illness; if that were all Sarno were talking about he wouldn't have stood out in the crowd as this relationship is a fairly well accepted and mainstream idea. He'd be just one among thousands of doctors who thinks stress affects health.

His is a distraction theory, and various illnesses do or do not fit that model. I don't think talking about cancer is taboo, as Sarno himself mentions it as well as many here. But like any theorist, some of his ideas pan out, others do not. Personally I don't think cancer works with the distraction model because that's not how mental states evolve. We need much quicker rewards to adopt a pattern, such as distraction. A cancer that takes a year to evolve doesn't provide the necessary feedback in a timely manner.

Evaluation of evidence is always subjective though, so we won't all agree. And since some want to generalize TMS to a simple stress discussion while others looks for a more distinctive definition, we may not even be talking about the same thing when we ask a question like "Is X TMS?"
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  01:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry alexis, but are you female? I think so...

I also think that most of the females tend to make things more complex that what they are :)

You are sayng exactly what my wife said, when I showed her this study.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000