TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 LET'S TALK ABOUT CANCER AND STRESS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More about stress anc cancer:

http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2012/04/anticancer-lifestyle-stress-reduction-101/

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/stress-and-cancer.html#sthash.83S9MwEv.dpbs

New Study Shows How Stress Feeds Cancer Cells

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2013/01/29/new-study-shows-how-stress-feeds-cancer-cells/

"“Considering that prostate cancer diagnosis increases stress and anxiety levels, stress-induced activation of the signaling pathway that turns off the cell death process may lead to a vicious cycle of stress and cancer progression,” Kulik said."

If stress feeds cancer, like stress, or fear, feeds pain, than if you calmed down your system, you can reverse it, right?

Edited by - filipe on 10/29/2015 18:15:26

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  01:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry alexis, but are you female? I think so...

I also think that most of the females tend to make things more complex that what they are :)

You are sayng exactly what my wife said, when I showed her this study. She saw the glass half empty... maybe people have to see the glass half full to recover... for me this study is just a clue. The rest I can figure out my self. And I have no doubts about what is the truth...

Edited by - filipe on 11/01/2015 02:06:26
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  08:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Condescending and chauvinistic, your poor wife!

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  09:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy are you insulting me? :(

It is the fisrt time people call me chauvinist. I even not know what it is... What is it?

I put a smile on my comment. What I meant was that woman are more prown to have breast cancer, and that's a fact. Maybe it has to do with their personality. considering there is a cancer personality. Guys are often more relaxed, and see things with optimism, I guess... anyway, I didn't understood what you mean... snif...snif...I'm beggining to understand why cancer is such a taboo... there are a lot more women suffering form anorexia,than men, for instances... Why?

Edited by - filipe on 11/01/2015 14:04:30
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  16:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not here to insult people, but the dictionary definitions below seem to tie in with your persona and your difficulties that you present. Since the remark is not addressed to me I would say it was a “questioning observation”.

Chauvinistic -adjective. ( Todays meaning and current use)
Feeling or displaying aggressive or exaggerated patriotism, displaying excessive or prejudiced support for one's own cause, group, or sex.

Chauvinism ( Past Meanings and origination)
In its original meaning, is an exaggerated patriotism and a belligerent belief in national superiority and glory. According to legend, French soldier Nicolas Chauvin was badly wounded in the Napoleonic wars.

If requested I can expound more on this topic. This will be in several weeks time, as I am butting out of this thread for now. My wife undergoes a severe and very difficult surgery similar in some respects to what your wife is going through. However Filipe, I see a major difference between our circumstances, as my wife and I are united and you don’t seem to be with yours!

The topic of Cancer is neither prohibited or forbidden as a taboo in my household. Did you ever bother to read my PNP Cancer thread?

Anorexia, no comment, as it is a diversion from the said topic which is your chauvinistic remark.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  16:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Guys are often more relaxed, and see things with optimism”

Honestly, I have never seen this!

The Female: The birth mother - Nurturing, loving, producing sons and daughters for the future of mankind.

The Male: Will take those sons to wage wars, thus killing their own sons and the precious sons of others.

I really have to go, bye

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/02/2015 19:03:44
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  01:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you do believe that there is a difference between men and women, after all.

Yes, men are more agressive than women, but they also tend to Forget things faster. Sometimes you just have to express your anger, (not going to war, of course).

If you look at boys, they fight a lot more than girls, but after some minutes they are friends again.

I wish you the best of luck for you and your wife :)

PS: by thw way, you are forgetting Margaret Thatcher, the iron Lady ;)
PS2: I guess I've just seen too much American movies, like The Bachelor Party, and such ;)

Edited by - filipe on 11/03/2015 03:17:18
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  12:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess this could serve as an exemple of what I'm talking about:

http://www.cancerdefeated.com/do-you-have-a-cancer-prone-personality/3087/
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  14:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Filpe,

It does not matter what you or I believe since a belief is relative to the person, so long as these beliefs keep within the boundaries of civilization.

Expressing anger might be fine for some. Understanding why we become angry is better. Acting on this understanding is better still.

Thank you for your good wishes, her surgery is now hours away.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  21:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The type of cancer I got coincided within a year or two of my aches and pains going away, it may be I needed a bigger distraction. I also find Dr. Hamer's work interesting, how a personal trauma can cause cancer, too. I did have a personal problem not long before I was diagnosed that did cause a shock to my system. Maybe if this goes away I will get something else, spontaneous human combustion perhaps.
We could start a SHC site! That would be awesome!
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  10:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually SHC is not so farfetched, I used to think it was. Egyptologist Dr Chris Naunton recent discoveries while investigating Kink Tut’s charred mummy revealed that during the embalming process the desiccating process was rushed. This left excessive residue of oils that soaked into the cotton wraps. The spontaneous burning reaction that ensued after burial was repeated in labs in the UK for the TV program mentioned in the attached link. I was interested in this because it ties in with my experiences with underwriter’s labs (U/L) where cotton is used for fire rating tests due to its flammability characteristics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2485675/Mummy-fried-Tutankhamuns-body-spontaneously-combusted-INSIDE-coffin-following-botched-embalming-job-died-speeding-chariot-accident.html

Now we need someone,(I nominate altherunner) to investigate if cotton in clothing was present I all cases of SHC. Awesome!

Not related to TMS other than proving firm held views can be changed with new information. Enlightenment!

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  13:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/03/25/how-practices-deepak-chopra-changed-life-cancer-patient.html
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  21:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read about a woman in Germany that caught on fire at a bus stop for no apparent reason. A bystander put out the flames, but she is in bad shape in hospital. Having second thoughts about SHC, maybe it would be ok if you could do it on demand, to get a seat on a bus or in a movie theater.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  22:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by altherunner

Just read about a woman in Germany that caught on fire at a bus stop for no apparent reason. A bystander put out the flames, but she is in bad shape in hospital. Having second thoughts about SHC, maybe it would be ok if you could do it on demand, to get a seat on a bus or in a movie theater.

It may be TMS, I think I saw it in the appendix of StrveO's book. Tibetan monks do it all the time to keep warm in ice caves.

tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2015 :  20:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tom, I read the article about Dr. Chopra, would like to go there, but I have heard it is expensive. I really like San Diego though.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  07:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tom,

It is TMS for sure ;)

By the way, all my life I had this strange thing happening to me. Every time I saw a preety lady I had these strange symptoms all over my body?I have this problema since.... Puberty ;)

Do you think it is TMS? I'm affraid I have some sort of dreadful desease, such as "excessive libidos", or something...

Do you think it is foolish not to get medical attention ASAP? :)

Edited by - filipe on 11/11/2015 08:06:37
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  22:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's what Dr. Sarno says about cancer:

"Psychosomatic disorders fall into two categories:

2. Those diseases in which unconscious emotions may play a role in causation, but are not the only factor. They include autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, certain cardiovascular conditions, and cancer. No one, as far as I know, who is currently studying these disorders includes unconscious emotions as potential risk factors. To my mind, this borders on the criminal.

Page 4, THE DIVIDED MIND John E. Sarno, M.D.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  17:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/video-never-be-cure-for-cancer/
Go to Top of Page

everythingchanges

Philippines
3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  17:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read somewhere that cancer tends to affect people who hold back their sadness or anger more often. Of course, that is not the only factor, but that is what I have read.

Go to Top of Page

fredamir

87 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  20:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps one really good book to read on the topic is Radical Remission By Researcher Kelly Turner.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0062268759/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=7009433141&hvqmt=p&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3zjc7ble3w_p

Here's a video intro to the book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0oeUuKDjU

Fred Amir
www.rapidrecovery.net
Free Rapid Recovery Workshop 01/13/16
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rapid-recovery-from-back-and-neck-pain-tickets-19988606460
Make 2016 Your Best Year Yet!
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-2016-your-best-year-yet-tickets-20096326654
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000