TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How to overcome Pavlov's dog reactions to pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  19:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garystil

If you found my posts to Switters offensive or misleading, I apologise to you and anyone else that feels the same way.

You don't need to apologize for anything--unless YOU want to. This is the internet and you can say anything you want to. The only one who can censor you is Dave, the owner of this site, and he's never banned anyone as far as I can remember. Being overly or needlessly apologetic is a TMS GOODIST personality trait--practice acts of non-goodism to cure you of your TMS--as long as you don't commit any felonies or break the 10 Commandments.

Cheers,
tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

garystil

Australia
42 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  15:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Giving advice about a golf swing on a tennis forum doesn't make much sense.

I see Om Sharma talking about homeopathy - and I don't like it. And I know, I'm just as guilty both on this forum (talking about food intolerances) and on another (an IBS forum) where I've tried in vain to inform sufferers about TMS.

The apology stands....

Edited by - garystil on 03/01/2016 16:16:13
Go to Top of Page

Switters

42 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  12:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Thought I'd update you about my health and really could use reminders.

My physical symptoms continue; almost 4 months now; stomach cramping after eating / digestive issues / cramps signaling need for bowel movement.) The main difference is I'm less fearful and just sort of deal with it because I've now had every major test done, including:

endoscopy (showed gastritis).
Ultrasound
CT Scan
Colonoscopy

All tests ruled out major problems, obstructions, or parasites.

I've continued taking omeprozale .20mg daily as prescribed, because on rare occasions when I stop it my symptoms seem to worsen.

Emotionally what's happening? A few minor stresses; dating a girl I have mixed feelings about....financial concerns. Nothing earth shattering.

I'm still not believing it's TMS. Thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  17:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the tests didn't find anything structural then it's TMS. For symptomatic relief if you're constipated eat a lot of garlic and drink a lot of coffee.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

garystil

Australia
42 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2016 :  16:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Switters,

You're not committed to this.

Taking omeprozale and having continued doubts are doing nothing for your belief system.

I can see that you want to pin your hopes on something else, but all the tests you've had reveal nothing, but mild gastritis.

Commit yourself. Let go of your doubts and give TMS a real go. There's plenty of great information, advice and gems here, but unless you change your mindset, the words you read will count for nothing.

You have an opportunity to make huge changes to your life. You are part of a small percentage of the population that has become aware of TMS. You now need to experience the POWER of TMS. Now is the time to put your negativity aside, commit, refocus and stand up to anything your "brain" throws at you.

Edited by - garystil on 03/01/2016 16:40:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000