TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Plantar Fasciitis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nibor2

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  23:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need help here. I've used this method to heal headache pain and other minor issues.

In the 1990s I had surgery on my left foot due to plantar fasciitis. At that time I was having severe pain along the bottom arch of my foot.

Today (and for the past several months) I've had a new pain in the same foot, which I believe is due to plantar fasciitis again, or a bone (heel) spur.

This time it's the bottom of my left heel, and feels like a severe bruise every time I get up from sitting or sleeping. OTC orthotics help somewhat, and so does stretching. But I find my mind wandering to this being a real physical problem that requires surgery.

What I really need is to hear from others who have had this type of pain and healed using mind-body techniques.

Thank you.

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  21:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I had neck and back pain, but also foot, calf, shin pain, they all went away.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  09:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the "search", there are ten pages on your symptom.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

bagofwater

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2016 :  22:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was never diagnosed, but I did beat heal pain that fit all the symptoms of PF. Here's the thread that I started that documents my path through. It was a relapse for me. I'd been pain-free for a few years after reading Healing Back Pain for low my back pain when it turned up.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7358

I'm currently in the midst of my second major relapse since reading the Sarno books 7ish years ago. That's why I'm back scouring the forum. This time its in yet another location! (butt and leg) and I'm again contemplating consulting a MD (as I was, but did not, for my heal pain) with whom, after my odyssey with back pain, I have little trust.

Edited by - bagofwater on 08/05/2016 22:15:27
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2016 :  10:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I find my mind wandering to this being a real physical problem that requires surgery."

This may be why your subconscious picked that area to attack. Every time you have this thought, counter it with what you've learned from Sarno - TMS is real pain but there's nothing wrong. Get moving, go on about your day. Reassure yourself you're fine. As long as there's a drop of fear TMS will exploit the fear, and turn up the dial on the pain.

Also because you've had success with other body parts, encourage yourself that you WILL have success with this too. Throw away the time frame of how fast it should happen, just be confident that it will, like you've succeeded in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2016 :  17:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had PF in the right foot about 7 years ago and the pain was terrible! It went away in about one month. Basically, I just waited it out as Sarno has suggested in relation to back pain. It is a temporary, self-limiting condition and I believe that it's best to do nothing in the physical realm. Accept the temporary pain and let time pass. Also, I tried to focus on the psychological issues that seemed to be impacting me at the time plus a little on the major traumatic events I had experienced over my life time - since early childhood. I absolutely did not stretch - if you really have severe PF, I don't see how you could even consider this because the pain generated is mind boggling. Besides, how could stretching help - what physical benefit could you possibly achieve? Where is the evidence that stretching or any kind of PT encourages the healing of PF (or any pain disorder)? And your focus, if stretching, would be on the physical/structural and not where it should be - the psychological. Since it was summer, I did buy a pair of sandals with some arch support. I was rather ashamed of doing this because it seemed so anti-Sarno, so un-TMS purist, but it did take away a lot of pain versus walking in my flat sandals - probably an instant placebo effect - but, hey, it worked for the week at the beach.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2016 :  18:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I forgot to mention that my worst pain - similar to your experience - was when I first got out of the bed in the morning and my bare right foot hit the floor. What intense pain! I don't know why it happened the first time - less blood flow to the feet because of the prolonged horizontal position? And that was on top of the ischemia that my brain was already generating to distract me from the psychological/personality issues. Anyway, I figure that, after the first time, it became conditioning/self-fulfilling prophesy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000