TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Did it again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marlawantstohike

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2016 :  22:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked back and last time I came here pain came on due to new job. I look at that now and laugh. My life has been so filled with stressful things and my trying to find peace its crazy!

We moved a year ago and I live in a great area for meditation, zen, ocean, hiking, etc.

I am in a new mindfulness class and bookclub.

But that seems to be in contrast to my husbands breakdown this summer his worst depression yet, dealing with agitation after.

Luckily for me my new doctor here believes in mind body so when i told her about various pains she was able to tell me what was real and what was tms.

For awhile i had mid back pain, stomach problems major ones for months, then foot pain, and now buttock pain.

During the summer I started the program Unlearn your pain and still working on it after some time away when I couldn't concentrate to write or sit at computer.

I am writing here because after going through a few days of intense buttock pain and realizing it's definitely tms i need support. I need to be in a community of like minded people who understand where i am and what i am going through.

I find myself not wanting to admit to the pain because my husband wants me to go back to doctor. I re listened to Dr Sarno today his interview about Divided Mind.

Like he says most go against this type of thinking.

I don't want to change my life but i have cancelled some things i do like my weekly dancing. How do you all handle your lives when new pains come?

almost there

109 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  09:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlawantstohike: Are you checking in with this Forum? If so I am STRUGGLING with butt pain and need help! I am not new to TMS and this Forum......but have been away for quite a while. Now that I am miserable.....again......I'm back looking for fellow sufferers!
Go to Top of Page

smoothd

29 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2017 :  21:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys can contact me i can help you... contact me on
talavital2010@gmail.com

Edited by - smoothd on 02/03/2017 21:55:07
Go to Top of Page

almost there

109 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  10:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlawantstohike......nice to hear from you.....sorry you are in the
grip of the TMS buttock pain gremlin....
As indicated by my post I was there during the hollidays (horrible!)
I am happy to report that after buying several books on pelvic pain,
almost paying a fortune out of pocket to a physical therapist, I came
back to this Forum seeking connection with like sufferers! I pulled out
my Dr. Sarno Books ......Healing Back Pain, Mind Body Prescription and The Divided Mind and began to read.....that and talking to my brain
worked for me again.....I am sooooo grateful!
Go to Top of Page

Rose12

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  08:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TO deal with pains, I attend a yoga class and I feel much better now after a few months.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  20:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maria and everyone,

Sorry you are in need of healing. We are all here to heal you and each other. I can _so_ relate, to being back in need of support, as I am also now back here at tmshelp after being away for quite a while. Its been about 7 or 8 years, and I was back pain free for all that time. The last 4 or 5 months slowly symptom-exchanged my depression/anxiety for low-back-pain/anxiety. TMS does like to exchange one TMS equivalent for another. The good news is that you (and we all) will beat TMS, it can take a bit of time, and as I am and others are an example, a relapse can be normal part of the cycle. But in the end you will get better, because you will learn your way out of TMS.

The mindfulness approach was working for me for the anxiety, but like conquering the LBP I'm still needing to make mindfullness an automatic part of daily life, not something I try to use in reaction to mitigate the pain (like a band aid). I have learned that mindfullness does not work very well that way. It does make complete sense, though, that mindfulness and TMS do fit together so well. If you are not being mindfull and renumerating about the past or the future, or your current state of whatever (playing the movie over and over, you know the movie thats stuck in a loop in your head) that's an invite for TMS. So I can see how being in-the-moment, where you are now, and recognize each thought that comes, and non-judgemntally discard the thoughts that have no value, and take action on the thoughts that do have value, can help disarm TMS. It all comes down to value, pursue only the thoughts that have value. Its hard to do, and I'm not automatically able to do it yet either, but still working at it.

So we are with you, and we will help each other. Have no fear. Keep moving (I love to hike too!). Pursue what has value to you.

Take care, -Stryder ///
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000