TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Coming out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pspa123

Given what I have tried I am not laughing at anybody, trust me. Lying on a table holding a metal rod while someone tested the reaction of my leg muscles to various vials containing the imprinted energetic signatures of various toxins? After that, I could not laugh (except sympathetically) at anything anyone tried. The internet is the perfect medium for modern day snake oil. And man was I a damn fool.

Try lying on a table with a metal rod up your...never mind.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

quote:
Originally posted by NicoleSachsLCSW

When I talked about it with Dr. Sarno, he seemed very deflated......

Whew, even the good doctor can feel deflated by people's reactions at times. What about the rest of us?

I don't even want to imagine what this darling, genius man has endured to carry this message. I have so much respect and love for him.
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It probably would have done me more good that way.
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mine includes mercury testing, past life therapy (go on. laugh it up), colonic irrigation for f**** sake...

Mercury is a big one. And if it is not mercury, Candida overgrowth it is (it explains everything: pain, CFS, FM etc...).

Edited by - alix on 01/25/2013 22:06:17
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Food allergy is huge in alternative medicine too, as is subclinical hypothyroidism, chronic Lyme (don't even get me started how much I paid because some asshole was convinced I had it and kept doing test after test all negative to try to prove it), micronutrient deficiencies, methylation cycle defects, bla bla bla bla. Here is the best. I had this huge panel done at some doctor's insistence at one of the alternative guru labs. Two months later, someone new wanted to do an even more comprehensive panel including the one I had just had tested, and there was no way to separate it out and not do it, so I had what was repeat testing. The results were dramatically different LOL. It was garbage in, garbage out. I even called the lab to complain and got some total junk explanation from somebody.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  16:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A joke for you, in this vein.

I went to see a spiritual healer the other day and she told me that I needed to 'release my third eye'. Strange request I thought, but got my c*** out nonetheless..
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  18:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pspa: A review on Vitals from a patient of Dr.Kaslow that you cited above. Just too funny.
quote:

He was able to find heavy metal toxicity and also a problem with my immune system. So far, every other doctor said that I was just fine. I am not feeling better yet, but hopefully in time, his solutions will lead me to a better state of health.

Edited by - alix on 01/25/2013 18:15:18
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  19:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alix, too funny. I am sure the person is on hundreds of dollars worth of supplements most of which the doctor probably sells in his office.

Oh surprise surprise he sells designer supplements, probably at a huge premium.

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/supplements.html

Edited by - pspa123 on 01/25/2013 19:40:52
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  21:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at his HM-Eliminator "Heavy Metal Eliminator" supplement (sounds quite impressive).
It is Vitamin C, Zinc, and Selenium. All are supplements that you can find at your local CVS pharmacy.

Edited by - alix on 01/25/2013 21:59:05
Go to Top of Page

cakeflowfatt

28 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  10:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Balto

Thanks for this

"A normal human condition caused by our intense focus on the negatives."

My wife is a non-believer and gets frustrated that I mention the stress cause to her various ailments. She was with me during some of my back problems but unless you are standing in a person's shoes during those times you wont realize the change that has been made.
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  14:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of us are here because of all the failed physical treatments. One gets to accept Tms only after everything else just doesn't work. This is not the first port of call for someone with acute first time pain. People without Tms heal from their back spasms and sore necks. People chronically worried and stressed end up in pain. It's completely understandable to reject Tms when you are pain free. Look at all the doctors and therapists who treat Tms.... Nearly all were patients of Sarno themselves or people who have healed their own pain through Sarno principles. People don't get it and never will unless they experience it themselves. If someone suggested I had Tms when I had my first back spasm I would have thought they'd lost their mind. I suspect just about everyone would, unless of course they had knocked on every door and sometimes even the surgeons before they knocked on Sarno's.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  15:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie

People without Tms heal from their back spasms and sore necks.

Back spasms and sore necks ARE TMS, period!
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  16:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aussie, it is so difficult for even people that know about Sarno to de-condition themselves.
I spoke with somebody that had success with Sarno treating her own pain. But then with a straight face she told me how her husband's carpal tunnel syndrome got better with Feldenkreis and a special computer keyboard!
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  16:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah when I have told people about Tms some have almost become angry!! What really sucks for the human race right now is the way the medical world ignorantly reject anything out of their narrow world. In my twenties I suffered anxiety for the first time. I had no idea what It even was. Years later when I spoke to a very respected doctor about the documented links between anxiety and chronic pain he said there is no link and all pain comes from structural abnormalities. This will take hundreds of years to become mainstream. There is just too much ignorance in the medical world. We need another Sarno!
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  16:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is also difficult for doctors. If they mention Sarno and the mind during a consultation, you can be sure that most of their patients will never return and even write a nasty review on RateMDs saying that the doctor didn't believe them.
The doctor that mentioned Sarno to me was really careful to just suggest I read the book "just in case".
Go to Top of Page

cakeflowfatt

28 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2013 :  07:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me I think there was/is a slight failing/weakness/abnormality in my body (one leg slightly longer/accident injury etc). I think the mind attacks your weakest point and your fear does the rest.

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie

Yeah when I have told people about Tms some have almost become angry!! What really sucks for the human race right now is the way the medical world ignorantly reject anything out of their narrow world. In my twenties I suffered anxiety for the first time. I had no idea what It even was. Years later when I spoke to a very respected doctor about the documented links between anxiety and chronic pain he said there is no link and all pain comes from structural abnormalities. This will take hundreds of years to become mainstream. There is just too much ignorance in the medical world. We need another Sarno!

Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  23:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told the following story, on this forum, years ago, but here goes:

My brother said he was probably going to have to sell his house and move because he was reacting to a alfalfa pellet plant not far from his house. He said his allergies (coughing,sneezing, asthma) really kicked up when the plant was working which was most of the spring and summer. I happened to be reading a book by Roger Callahan (Thought Field Therapy) so I told my bro to stretch out and relax while he held some alfalfa and I tapped him all over, according to TFT patterns in the book. Neither one of us had the slightest faith in the process but what the heck, eh?

A week later I asked my brother if the alfalfa plant was still bothering him. He was quite surprised and said something like, "Oh, why do you ask? I don't have an allergy to alfalfa". I reminded him of the tapping and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No, that didn't happen".

It's now more than 20 years later and he still has no allergy to alfalfa, no memory of ever having had one, and no memory of the tapping, either. He also lives in the same house and the alfalfa pellet plant is still going strong. Smells good, he says.

So, go figure. It's a weird world out there

Edited by - njoy on 01/28/2013 23:35:22
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  04:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njoy

...It's now more than 20 years later and he still has no allergy to alfalfa, no memory of ever having had one, and no memory of the tapping, either. He also lives in the same house and the alfalfa pellet plant is still going strong. Smells good, he says.

So, go figure. It's a weird world out there

Good story Njoy, YES it is a very weird world out there!
Go to Top of Page

Birdie78

Germany
145 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  15:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, I really loughed when I read about the different trials to get some relief (release the third eye, that's really great!) i was in the same boat. One really clutches at every straw when the suffering is big enough. I am laughing just now in the moment because I remember some of my most desperate attemts to get rid of my suffering many years ago. I contacted a medium who pretended to be able to contact deceaced, oh dear, what nonsense! I can't belief I am telling this in a public forum, ha ha...

Kind regards from Germany sends Birdie

Edited by - Birdie78 on 01/29/2013 15:45:45
Go to Top of Page

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  10:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried many different alternative treatments over the years so now if I mention TMS I get the eye rolling and I can see in their faces "here she goes on her latest fad".

I still firmly believe in the efficacy of homeopathy for non-TMS related issues (yes, there are some!). Or rather, I think that where TMS can latch on to a physical vulnerability or weak spot, homeopathy can strengthen your immune system to remove some of those vulnerabilities (stop rolling your eyes at me!!!).

I had the fantastic experience recently of persuading a friend to read Healing Back Pain (she is a keen runner who had to give up running after years of knee pain and knee surgery). Several months on she is running marathons again and is a total TMS convert. So fantastic to feel I helped her get back to something she loves doing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000