TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I'm chasing my TMS around and around
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  20:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy, sounds like a "46 Ford Super DeLuxe, one of the first new cars built after the war. A valve job and some rings and she should be back up to 85hp. Had a good reliable flat-head engine that came out of a pump house we threw into a '41 woodie, it's still running strong. A little STP into the crank-case should keep the compression high. Or you could always go the resto-mod route, throw in a Hemi, a B&M Hydro, some disc brakes in front and go Saturday night street racing with her but tighten up those six-point strap-ons or you might go flying off.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  21:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy64tms

My post has a deeper meaning...

Mine too, I won't snitch.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  16:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carolyn,

You come back to the forum after six months and your thread is hijacked and hijacked from being hijacked. Out of politeness I just read your first post.

You seem to have the skill of a magician, being able to imagine something and then have it actually happen. Could you not divert this skill to things you love to do?

Get well

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  06:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your help. I am taking a positive step. Even though it clouds my thoughts all the time I am going to be more proactive. Yes I have anal pressure but I know it is my way of coping with things. Maybe I am holding on to something but I think is a habit. So I know I have no health issues or nasty problems. So I have to make a change for the better. Yes it gets me down and makes me depressed but this just makes the whole issue worse. It's time to get a grip of my life.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  12:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alfaman,

“It's time to get a grip of my life.”

Well done, a positive post! I hereby announce you a fully fledged member of the TMS help forum, with full posting rights. Here is a silly statement that I made up, I have been saving it for a new arrival:

“Just suppose, just suppose that everything you have ever learned up to this point in time could be wrong”.

This silly statement applies to both physical and psychological beliefs that you presently hold and I think is the key to open mindedness and recovery.

How about some more info on your bio, or a new post of your own it would help with future diagnostics?

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/16/2014 12:17:13
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  12:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alfaman,

I did you a disservice, I see you have an opening post already. It was posted on “ The site and suggestions forum”. It’s lost over there, you could copy and post back to this TMS Forum as a brand new post, no one would mind.

I see you are on “Sertraline”, (Zoloft) here in the USA I believe. Over here in the States they are bound by law to disclose the side effects of drugs. Perhaps this drug is causing your tailpipe issues?

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  06:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah its not the drugs. They put me on them because of this pain. But I tell ya I woke up this morning and bent over and as I was standing up I have a real sort of muscle around my tailbone and the small of my back. Also radiates around my butt. Anyone else on here who has similar anal aches ever get this. I can feel the muscle pulling as I bend down.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  11:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alfaman,

A new symptom perhaps? Maybe your TMS is on the move and it’s looking for a new home?

So your rear end is shaking and rattling, your tail pipe is farting and fluttering. Could it be the timing or a blocked fuel Injector? More likely it’s the ECU. I would hook up a code reader and scan the error messages. PSYCHOLOGICAL, not Mechanical.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  12:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha andy. Yes it could be. I have always had this sort of feeling along with the anal and rectal ache but today was unbelievable. I was bent over fixing a car and straightened up and felt this mega pulling and pain in my lower back and sort of around the tailbone between it and the anal passage. Also my abdomen just feels strained as if I have pulled a muscle. If my muscles down there are tight anyway I suppose I may have strained myself somehow. Trouble is as soon as I felt it I was on Google looking to see what it is and if it is a tms symptom or if I have injured it somehow. Again I suppose this is just fueling the fire. And yes all of this happened today and what day is it?? Monday. Always a Monday lol. I have a major habit. I'm a pain junkie haha. Can it be that my brain is just programmed to feel this pain? I always worry I have something serious like cancer or some infection or something. But even as I type this I think how the F**k can it be? Iv had it for so long that surely I'd be dead by now. Anyway thanks guys. Gonna get the girlfriend to cook dinner while I go and read schubiner a bit more
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alfaman,

Forget the straining and paining your vehicle is having, it’s not harming her.

It is good to read the manual occasionally or even every day if needed. Is it Schubie’s “Unlearn your pain”?

Instead of “googling” perhaps this intro of him on utube,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZpGZ-7aCg

Or here are his 7 intro videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLtPiOVVJ-U&list=PL_7q3BuM1zHSQyLXdEKST20SaCyS7bZqv

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  15:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it's unlearn your pain. Thanks andy
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  11:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjjohn

Thanks for sharing Carolyn, with your TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN in your mindbody, it sounds like you are playing the TMS gremlin rather then it playing you. Your experience could make a good chapter in a TMS book, maybe you should write one or an article.

Maybe what the symptoms are distracting you from is doing what you want to be doing, instead of dealing with symptoms. What would you rather be doing in a positive, fun, rewarding vein? Maybe your sub-c doesn't think you deserve to be happy?--just guessing since I don't know you.

G'luck!

"Thanks for sharing Carolyn, with your TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN in your mindbody, it sounds like you are playing the TMS gremlin rather then it playing you. Your experience could make a good chapter in a TMS book, maybe you should write one or an article.

Maybe what the symptoms are distracting you from is doing what you want to be doing, instead of dealing with symptoms. What would you rather be doing in a positive, fun, rewarding vein? Maybe your sub-c doesn't think you deserve to be happy?--just guessing since I don't know you.

G'luck!
tt"

Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thank you JJ from Algeria! I was reading your response and thought that sounds like really good TMS advice. Reading further I thought, that sounds like something I would say, and then saw my signature "G'luck!" sign-off and said, I did say that! My original response to the OP is above. Well thanks, maybe you were trying to quote me and something in Al Gore's Internet went awry, Algeria is a long ways away, hope you're doing well.

G'luck!
tt/lmft

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/24/2014 11:14:38
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  11:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I LOVE the Hillbilly!
Thanks
Edited by - jimmyjjohn on 08/13/2014 02:18:33"

Looks like you love the TT too! You copied my post to Carolyn verbatim but deleted my name. Maybe some people have too much time on their hands and the plagerism laws in Algeria are on the loose side.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  18:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy,

The spammers are getting sharper, plagiarizing legitimate posts to appear credible. Wouldn't want to be caught in Algiers with TMS on a dark and stormy night.

Restored a Morris Minor once and flipped it before it flipped itself, one of the scariest rides I've ever owned very briefly. The Mini-Cooper, Sir Alec's answer to the Suez oil crisis on the other hand was one of the best handling most fun rides I've ever had. I had a couple of Cooper "S"'s with the 1275 cc engines, one a RHD with a factory sunroof that was my daily driver in frisco for years, finally had to part with it when it was more rust then steel. I still have a soft-spot for it, therefore wanting to build or buy a Moke, the convertible mini. Would build it into a track car with a bored out 1275 and race suspension.

You can plagiarize my posts anytime, there's enough of them to go around, I was flattered the Algerian chose mine to span with.

Cheers,
tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2014 :  11:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy64tms

The mechanic heaved sickly as she got in the car pulled the choke out and daintily hung her hand bag on it!

A novel use for the choke button, I'll have to see if it will hold my tennis bag.

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/28/2014 10:41:26
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2014 :  06:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So bored and fed up of this. Read schubiners book and felt great the next week or so and it always starts up again. It's bareable but just bloody annoying. Basically my brain won't forget the pain pathways to my ass and tailbone
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2014 :  11:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfaman147
It's bareable but just bloody annoying.

That's the idea. Accept this. Stop being impatient. Trust that the symptoms will fade on their own as long as you continue to ignore them and accept that they are benign.
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2014 :  13:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All well and good Dave.
What happens when pain is severe and never stops.?
Even though you know it is benign and that you are physically well the severity of the pain interferes with every move you make.
Marsha
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2014 :  09:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it but someone has to. Sometimes, despite all of your efforts, the pain never goes away and you have to learn to live with it.
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2014 :  20:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shawn, I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling. My aha moment was when I discovered that re-experiencing strong emotions at a visceral level would temporarily lower the pain. I then understood exactly what Monte calls "sitting with emotions". I forgot Sarno and the TMS methodology. I did not read a single TMS book. I did not watch videos. I did not torture myself trying to figure out if pain is a distraction or something else. I did not try to convince myself that my pain is 100% TMS.

I simply concentrated on working with emotions. Old emotions. Childhood stuff. Current emotions. I was just consistent and the miracle happened. I became pain free without any TMS equivalent popping-up.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000