TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 not getting better fast enough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gazelle

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  05:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More than two weeks ago I had an extreme back spasm. I KNEW it was TMS - I'm a Rolodex of TMS symptoms, have cleared them before and had lots of tension and rage events leading up to the TMS. I couldn't seem to clear it fast though; the spasms kept coming and coming for a few days and I could do nothing but lie in bed - the pain was that bad. Then I started bits of walking, tiny bits of running, swimming and yesterday I even managed to lead three easy climbing routes.

the trouble is - the pain is still there and I'm not shifting it. It keeps me awake at night. I am really really p**sed off with all of this. I woke up with a headache AND backpain and started my morning writing ritual - there was plenty there to be pissed off about.

So my question: A lot of my anger was about my back pain - it is stopping me do the sport I love in the the best weather window in the world. I have taken on tons of work to pass the time and now I am piled up right the way through to Xmas so who cares if my back gets better. Injuries always happen to me, if it is not one then another.

So, you can see I am good at getting in touch with my rage.

Questions:

1) Should I not be focusing on the range surrounding my injury? I mean it is giving attention to the TMS. But now I have a lot of rage about the injury itself.

2) I want to get this out of me. It is TMS - there is no doubt about it but I am sick of not sleeping and when I do activities I don't feel good and tire really easily. Then my back hurts. I hear all the time of people who recover immediately (I have recovered much quicker myself). I want this to end. SEriously, what can I do?

3) How can I stop getting TMS continually? What do you veterans do? I need to get off this roller coaster. I need to change my personality. I might make this a different thread altogether.

4) How to deal with rage? I find it overwhelming. I want to lash out at people, kick a few things: one more day sitting inside, shopping with my kid and working with difficult clients is going to finish me. Plus, naturally I have all these house guests that go out and have a good time while treating my house like a hotel.

OK - this was a pretty negative email. In the flipside hopefully it is a positive one. Fifteen years and I know I have TMS instantly, and am not still on bed rest. In fact my major complaint is why I am not recovered 100% within a couple of weeks.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  05:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who invited all the houseguests over?

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

gazelle

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  05:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah yeah. I know. They are here for 10 days! And I vowed this summer when I had three weeks of guests (and ironically had TMS - different type this time) that never again. My husband thinks I am crazy.

And who took on too much work? I think I need a personality change.
Go to Top of Page

gazelle

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  05:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, the house guests are here for another week. They ARE really good friends BUT I simply don't:

Have to shop for their dinners
Cook for them
Go out of my way in anyway for them.

That sounds brutal, doesn't it?

Maybe not quite so extreme but it could be a step toward the new TMS free me.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  09:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not prying but I'm not getting what the circumstance is. Are you providing a free hotel room for them while they are on vacation? What are you getting out of this? Is your husband the one who is playing with them while you provide the maid service? That would get me upset--what's in it for you?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000