TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 IBS is TMS? How then to treat it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

avik

128 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  10:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think ive had every TMS equivalent.

My latest is IBS (whihc I have had many times before, which in the past was "cured" with all the usual suspect placebos. My symptoms just move around from one place to the next...

This pain/bloating nonsense is driving me crazy...should I be doing anything for it or just try to think psychologically? Should I go on some crazy diet again, start taking pills, etc?

The uncomfortability aspect is unbearable.

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  10:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
avik,
ibs is for sure tms, its very hard to deal with though...its a vicious cycle-you have to grasp the concept fully-stay off the internet for symptom lists for ibs..before you know it youll think you have crohns disease, that what im going through now. docs insist i dont have crohns! but my symptom are all there....
off hte subject my left eye has been watering/burning most of today-there was a little grease smudge on my glasses that i didnt "see". i cleaned my glasses and now eyes are fine! your body seemingly compensates for everything. my brain probably thought the cloudy spot on my glasses was on the eye itself- as for ibs the fight or flight response is a lot of fun-hard to turn off. your mind can do weird stuff.
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  12:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stopped in to say hello
I know it’s been a long time since I have posted on this forum but that doesn’t mean IM in disagreement
With TMS or Dr Sarno. In fact he helped in my own condition, as I have been pain free for a long time.
With that said id like to share/ help with fellow TMS sufferer’s pos offer help to others from my past experience in regard to healing the body. First id like to say I do believe in many manifestations as TMS equivalents. But also believe you may experience equivalents outside of the TMS explanation that Sarno gives.

Please let me explain IMO some of the equivalents that Sarno list, he does not go into detail about them, therefore we can not say with a 100% certainty that he has been exhaustive in each equivalent when he explains the TMS model. Like I mentioned I do believe and support Sarno’s mind body connection 100% In fact Brought discovery to my own healing)

Note I am not diagnosing labeling or advocating IBS or Chrones disease as anyone’s condition
I am merely offering info as possible explanation for a related condition .If you have an open mind and understand what I am trying to say then hopefully you may get something out of this post. Perhaps former posts on the related subject.

Remember Doctors treat symptoms not the underlying condition once you start to treat the underlying condition you will break the cycle
(I believe Sarno agreed with that)

There are hundreds of tress related symptoms can manifest themselves in many ways outside of TMS model that Sarno describes in his books. However I can say with full assurance that the TMS model plays a roll within many other conditions. Sorting out what is what may help bring you one step closer to recovery.
Hope that makes sense
Kenny v

Below are two topics that may be helpful

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5320

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4818

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  19:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear from you Kenny, long time no see. Hope all is well, Happy Thanksgiving!

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6415

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Go to Top of Page

caligirl

22 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  11:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are the kind of posts that make me go hmmmmm? For six years I was taking supplements and detoxing and even bought my own infrared Sauna. Spent about $10k and felt worse than ever. Everyone kept telling me it was phalate and mercury in my system. I had all my amalgams removed by a biological dentist, but I do have about 12 crowns in my mouth as well, and have no way of knowing what is inside of them.

I discovered Sarno at my lowest point about this time last year and the other thing I did at the same time is become a vegetarian. I slowly got better and better and all my stomach inflammation went away. Now due to the holidays and planning the "big" party at work, amongst feeling the pressure of Christmas shopping, I am starting to feel worse again.

I try to eat a vegan diet during the week, however on the weekends I tend to cheat a bit. I still notice some reaction to foods, etc. and I am not sure if it is part of TMS or not. Grrrr!! So confusing....
Go to Top of Page

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  00:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi avik,

Ibs is a difficult one but as someone who's had crohns, food allergies to way to many foods, ibs, candida I do believe there all tms... infact I'm suffering with back pain and that came shortly after my food allergies all disappeared, 8 years of food allergies then bang they went and within 3 months and then the back pain came...

I'm new to the tms approach so I'm just talking about previous exerperience, I would suggest mint tea to calm your stomach, but don't see it as your treating it, just that your drinking tea...
Everytime you have a pain, bloating don't by into it ignore it, tell it to shove off... whatever works... I have lots of other advice but its on a physical nature so on the tms side of things it won't help... think also about what was bothering you when your ibs started.
Go to Top of Page

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  00:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi avik,

Ibs is a difficult one but as someone who's had crohns, food allergies to way to many foods, ibs, candida I do believe there all tms... infact I'm suffering with back pain and that came shortly after my food allergies all disappeared, 8 years of food allergies then bang they went and within 3 months and then the back pain came...

I'm new to the tms approach so I'm just talking about previous exerperience, I would suggest mint tea to calm your stomach, but don't see it as your treating it, just that your drinking tea...
Everytime you have a pain, bloating don't by into it ignore it, tell it to shove off... whatever works... I have lots of other advice but its on a physical nature so on the tms side of things it won't help... think also about what was bothering you when your ibs started.
Go to Top of Page

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  00:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi avik,

Go to Top of Page

Rose12

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  08:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's been a long time and I wonder how your ibs is now. Are you ok now? I hope so. But if not, why don't you try for some home remedies? They are simple, but really effective. You can try fennel seeds. Fennel seeds are among workable tips on how to deal with IBS since it can reduce the intestinal spasms as well as bloating, the two common symptoms of IBS. This kind of seed also plays such an essential role in relieving fast from your digestive systems and thereby preventing the formation of mucus in your intestine that is believed to partly cause IBS.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137549/
https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-irritable-bowel-syndrome/
Mix one tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds with one glass of boiled water
Leave it on for 10 minutes and then enjoy the tea
Drink the herbal tea up to thrice on a daily basis until the symptoms are entirely gone
Alternatively, you can add a half teaspoon of roasted fennel seeds powder to a cup of warm water and drink it two times regularly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000